This document provides instructions for downloading and execution of the PIC32ESKdemo.hex Project.
The demo includes the following functionality:
- TCP + IPv4/IPv6
- Simultaneous connections via IPv6 and IPv4
- Embedded Web Server
- AJAX presentation of dynamic data
- 60 Minutes of operation
- Technical data on all PIC32 embedded library products, incuding footprint requirements
Downloading and running the demo:
- Make the physical connection between your board (Microchip Ethernet Starter Kit,
part number DM320004) and your PC (USB). Also connect the board to your network (Ethernet).
- Download PIC32ESKdemo.hex to the location where you will build your project
- From the "Start Page" click on "Import Hex (Prebuilt) Project"
- "Create Prebuilt Project" dialog box
- "Prebuilt Filename:" Browse to the directory and select PIC32ESKdemo.hex
- "Family:" Select 32-bit MCUs (PIC32)
- "Device:" Select the label for the PIC32MX device that you are using
- "Supported Debug Header:" Leave alone
- "Hardware Tool:" Scroll down. Under Microchip Starter Kits, SKDE PIC32; Select entry that start with "FN:"
- Click "Next>"
- "Select Project Name and Folder" dialog box
- Click "Next>"
- When the "Summary" Dialog box appears, Select "Finish".
MPLAB X will create a new project that will appear in the MPLAB X IDE Projects window
- After the new project is built, under the "Debug" menu
select "Debug Project (PIC32ESKDEMO.debug)".
Messages will appear in the Output window starting with "Launching" and
ending with "User program running"
The device is now loaded and running.
- A new window label will appear next to the other window labels in the
bottom part of the screen: "DBPRINTF"
This window shows the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses that were given to the board
by DHCP or were created by AutoIP.
- Use an Internet browser to connect to the board using the
IPv4 address: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
or either of the IPv6 addresses:
- Note: In many browsers, an IPv6 address must be surrounded by square brackets.
For questions or issues pertaining to NicheStack and the PIC32 target platform, please visit TCPIPStack.com or contact:
InterNiche Technologies, Inc.
51 E Campbell Avenue, Suite 160
Campbell, CA 95008
Tel: + 1 408 540 1160
Fax: + 1 408 540 1161